Crafting your online image can be tricky
Got a LinkedIn profile? Great, now you are competing for the attention of potential employers with another 500+ million users. In a sea of that many profiles, standing out is key. Below are a few tips on how to perfect your profile.
- Start with a good picture. People like visuals on your profile and your professional photo is the most important one.
- Your background photo is the second visual element at the top of your profile page. It grabs people’s attention, sets the context and shows a little more about what matters to you
- The profile headline is prime real estate on your profile so make the most of it. There’s no rule that says the description at the top of your profile page must be just a job title.
- People outside your network can’t see you contact details so make sure you put them in your summary.
- Keep things fresh by doing regular status updates, share interesting and useful content.
- List all your relevant skills, the key here is staying relevant. Take time for a spring clean of your skills list every now and then.
- Spread the endorsement love, endorsements from other members substantiate your skills and increase your credibility.
- Join groups and follow companies to get relevant content.