The Advantage of Work Mates

 

Having a friend in the office can make or break your job satisfaction.

At work, you will no doubt need to avoid a deluge of personalities that will annoy you, distract you or destroy you. But it’s also important to have a supportive work environment, and part of that involves having friends in the office. Work mates that become friends in and out of the office are valuable assets to your job satisfaction, as long as you can still get work done.

Global recruiter Robert Half reported that Aussie workers are 2.5 times more likely to be happy with their jobs if they have good relationships with their colleagues. Approximately 83% of Australians are in that boat, leaving the remaining 17% drowning in awkward social interactions and discomfort.

Almost two thirds of people asked, have ‘good mates’ at work. Getting on with your colleagues and forging genuine friendships is great for office morale, which in turn assists with the company’s success through open lines of communication.

The survey undertaken, identified six different types of workplace personalities, good and bad. There’s the cool-headed veteran, the favour thief, or the talkative time-sucker, all of which don’t seem like big threats, but can affect your work life if you’re too distracted and miss a deadline, or your work gets credited to someone else. The party pooper is always a pessimist at work, but you could be graced with a handy helper, who will identify your stress and try to alleviate some of it for you. The caring critic, however, is most likely to become a true friend, who cares but isn’t going to beat around the bush and tell you how it is straight to your face. (News.com.au)

The perfect work mate is out there, dodge the bad apples and find the ideal partner for Friday knock-offs at the pub.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
*